Dear GKPF colleges,
I am currently working on my dissertation (on capabilities and ICTs) and am looking for insights from professionals working in the field of information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D) to support my research. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate if you could take 15-20 minutes for your feedback on some of the questions below.
Briefly, the purpose of this study is to gain information on preconditions and constrains that projects involving ICT4D face. The aim is to find out what some of the external and internal characteristics are for an initiative to be successful, in other words whether an ICTD initiative is contextual to local (social, economical, political, ...) conditions and institutional settings (development agenda, work ethics, regulations, ...). Your participation is, of course, completely voluntarily. Also, all information collected about you and your project will be kept strictly confidential and I will not name you or your organization if you prefer not to.
3. Name of the organization/project:
4. Are you working on an ICT4D initiative at the moment?:
If yes, please name one and briefly explain what the project is about (and/or provide additional information such as its homepage):
5. What are the key aims/goals of the project?
6. Who are the beneficiaries of your project?
7. To date, what has been particularly successful about the project?
8. What has been less successful?
9. What do you think are the obstacles that your initiative has to face in order to realize its goals? (These may include both ‘internal’ and ‘external’ factors.)
10. Are there any preconditions for the project to achieve its aim?
11. Is the project influenced by any institution (e.g. government, donor)?
By whom or what?
12. Are you working with other organizations?
If yes, with whom?
13. Is your initiative sponsored?
If yes, by whom:
14. What do you think contributes to the success of an ICT4D project?
15. Do you think an ICT4D initiative is contextual to a country's social setting (cultural, social, economical, political, …) and institutional framework (development agenda, work ethics, regulations, …)? Or can an ICT4D project in one region be implemented in another region in the exact same way?
16. What are the future plans for your initiative?
17. In an ideal world, what kind of initiative or working conditions would you like to realize?
18. Is there anything else that you would like to share from your experience in ICT4D related projects?
I would greatly appreciate if you could get back to me at your earliest convenience (if possible, by July 30). If you know anyone else who this questionnaire might apply to, please feel free to forward my message to them. My personal email address is JBose@gmx.de, and you can also add me on Skype to discuss these issues personally: jennifer.onskype.
Thank you very much for your help and participation; your insights and thoughts will be invaluable for my research. If there are any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.