New to Twitter? Created an account but don’t really know where to start? Here’s good news for you! Telecentre.org Foundation will be conducting an online training session on Twitter to help you to become part of the world’s tweeting community in just one hour! On October 3, the Foundation’s community staff will guide you through the first steps of tweeting:
The training will take place at 3 different times to enable community members from around the world to participate:
To check for local time, click here.
How can you participate?
1. Training will happen through Twitter itself, so you need a Twitter account/ID.
No account yet? Create one – it’s FREE! Sign up here.
2. You need to be a member of the English community site.
Not yet a member? Sign up here.
3. You need to update/fill up your profile page in the English community site with your Twitter ID.
To do so, go to “Settings” (top right) then scroll to “Social Network/Chat ID” & fill in your Twitter ID preceded by the “@” sign e.g. @telecentreorg
4. You need to confirm your participation by marking “Will attend” at the top right of the event page at least a day before the training date so we can verify your profile against your Twitter ID.
5. At the appointed date & time, go to http://twitter.com/telecentreorg & follow the training instructions happening live!
Make sure to constantly refresh the page to catch all of it.
What else is in store?
Once done with training, you’ll be ready to compete in the contest. Watch out for more info in the coming days. For queries, email email@example.com.
Logo by Amos Ochieng